You are obliged to take care of visa-related APPLICATION and NOTIFICATION according to the Law (Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act) once you obtain RESIDENCE CARD and become a resident in Japan.
For example, you are required to process an application or notification when;
- you want to extend the period of stay of your current visa status to continue your activity >> EXTENSION of PERIOD of STAY
- you need to change your current visa status to a different one since you would like to change your activity >> CHANGE of VISA STATUS
- you would like to re-enter Japan under the same visa status after taking trip to other countries >> RE-ENTRY PERMIT
- you would like to apply for PERMANENT RESIDENT visa status >> PERMANENT VISA STATUS
- you are an employee – you quit current employment contract and you plan to enter into other contract with different company >> NOTIFICATION of AFFILIATED ORGANIZATION
- you lost your RESIDENCE CARD >> APPLICATION FOR REISSUANCE of RESIDENCE CARD DUE TO LOSS
- you obtain SPOUSE of JAPANESE visa status, but you have divorced from a Japanese spouse >> NOTIFICATION of RELATIONSHIP with SPOUSE (divorce/death), etc.
In this page, you can find what types of application / notification you have to be submitted to the Immigration Office.
There is a list of all the necessary application / notification on the website of the Immigration Office >> Procedures related to the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act